We already know that heat pumps help us stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but they also have long-lasting health benefits.
High-efficiency heat pumps dehumidify rooms better than standard central air conditioners, resulting in less energy usage and year-round comfort.
In colder months, the heat pump removes moisture from your room as warm air is circulated around. By using “dry mode” once your room has been heated, the function will maintain a temperature approximately 2°C of your desired room temperature. You will be enjoying a warm dry home knowing you are in a healthy and efficient environment.
How It Works:
Heat pumps work in one of two ways: refrigeration and absorption. Refrigeration involves cooling the air to remove moisture. Absorption is the process whereby moisture is absorbed into a drying material and then removed. This involves “mopping” the water out of the air with a water-holding material and then squeezing the water away to remove it.
Benefits of Dehumidifiers:
Now that we’ve established that heat pumps offer dehumidification, let’s look at the overall health and lifestyle benefits:
- Heat pumps run quietly and efficiently without most people even noticing. They aren’t disruptive to your daily life.
- They help reduce odors that accompany mould and mildew in your home; they get rid that all-too-common rotten, musty smell.
- Heat pumps and dehumidifiers help reduce the possibility that you will develop mould on your clothing, furniture, and other linens (such as curtains or bed sheets).
- Dehumidifiers reduce irritation to your skin and your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe easier.
- A less humid environment in your home means clothing will dry faster, breads will remain fresh longer without going stale, and you won’t find signs of rust or corrosion on things like computer equipment, electronics, and tools.
- Running a dehumidifier helps reduce dust in your home, so you won’t have to clean as often.
- Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels, making your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mould, and mildew.
If you have any questions about heat pumps and their dehumidifying benefits, get in touch. Our experts are here to help with all your heating needs.